Built By Members For Members
The mission of the Washtenaw Contractors Association is to improve the construction industry in Washtenaw County and increase the success of WCA members by providing leadership in the areas of business development, workforce development, labor relations, communications, safety, and education.
A Non-Profit Governed By You
WCA QUICK VIEW
501(c)(6) Non-Profit Business League
501(c)(3) Non-Profit Foundation
Supporting Workforce Development
Industry Advancement Program
WCA Board of Directors
Foundation Board Members
IAP Board of Trustees
All members of WCA have the opportunity to join the committees that help guide our initiatives in order to build better member experiences and opportunities.
Member Engagement Committee
This committee meets bi-monthly to develop ways for our members to network, engage and educate each others through a robust schedule of educational and social events.
Kevin Studley, Macallister Rentals
Labor Relations Committee
Our Labor Relations Committee meets as needed to direct our labor relations services. Initiatives include:
- Negotiate labor contracts
- Serve on joint grievance committees
- Some members serve on fringe benefit fund boards
Dave Spence, Spence Brothers
Workforce Development Committee
Our members benefit from building their teams with skilled and educated employees. This committee meets monthly to advance the WCA's workforce development efforts. Initiatives include:
- Conduct “JUST BUILD IT!” Construction Career Expo
- Attend college and high school job fairs
- Plan Emerging Professionals in Construction (EPIC) professional development program sessions
- Determine topics for seminars, safety training classes, and other educational opportunities for employees of WCA member firms.
Chris Scharlach, Granger Construction